The Siem Reap Chamber of Commerce (SRCC) was established on December 26, 2004, in the form of a public institute under the provisions of the law on “Chamber of Commerce” and protectorate of Ministry of Commerce.
On May 16, 2004 under the sub-decree No. 42 Or.Nor.Kro on the procedure and organized election of Chamber of Commerce for Siem Reap Province. The Siem Reap Chamber of Commerce was created under sub-decree No. 26 Or.Nor.Kro BK dated March 23, 2011.
On 27 March, 2011, SRCC elected President for its first mandate, phase II. Lately, In order to enlarge and therefore help develop Oddar Meanchey Province to be active in investment Siem Reap and Oddar Meanchey were combined as Siem Reap-Oddar Meanchey Chamber of Commerce on June 17, 2011 under the sub-decree No. 124 Or Nor Kro Bor Kor.
- To establish relationships between regional economic and oversea countries.
- To improve the enterprise efficiency for the interests of the four sectors.
- To increase the dissemination of business opportunities in Cambodia in order to attract investors as well as to promote investment in Siem Reap province.
- To play a vital role as a mediator in resolving business disputes.
- To ensure the autonomous management of the Chamber by conducting membership elections and facilitating new membership applications.
Duties of the Chambers of Commerce
- The Chambers of Commerce shall have the following responsibilities to :
- Establish relationship between economic sources inside and outside country in order to gather information relating to development of national enterprises.
- Improve enterprise efficiency for the interest of the commercial, industrial & handicraft, agricultural, and services sectors.
- Provide the Royal Government and provincial authority with opinions and information on commercial, industrial, handicraft, agricultural, and services issues.
- Play a vital role as representative of the commercial, industrial and handicraft, agricultural, and services communities to facilitate coordination with the state authority.
- Ensure the responsibility of the management sector.